Thirty one students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja have just completed their studies with distinction from the various departments and programmes based on the approved 2021/2022 results by the academic board on Thursday.
The elated Rector of the Polytechnic, Dr. Salisu Ogbo Usman who presided over the academic board meeting, expressed delight with the students’ performances which he attributed to the policy impacts of the Management under his leadership.
Some of those impactful policies are streamlined students admission processes, control and stringent measures against unethical practices such as extortion/forceful imposition of substandard textbooks on students by some dissident staff and stringent measures against examination misconduct.
Other policy impact include provision of up – to – date standard textbooks in the Library, return of the students to the on – campus residence after over five years of residing off – campus (due to successful renovation of hostels), recruitment of new members of academic staff and prompt release of results to keep students abreast of their performance.
In addition, the introduction of Computer Based Test (CBT) in the examination of General Studies courses and e – results computation, among others, have also yielded desired impact on students performance.
The Rector appreciated the staff for their overall commitment in the discharge of their duties. He also specially thanked the Chairman and Members of the Governing Council for their support.
The Rector paid tributes to Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello for his non-interference policy in the internal governance of the Institution and the gracious implementation of the cash – backing of the staff salary dated back to the year 2014 as part of motivation for the dedicated staff, and which played a part in the current attainment.
The Rector appreciated the Deputy Rector and Deans who constituted the Central Results Verification Committee for the meticulous scrutiny of the students’ results in line with the quality assurance measures put in place by the Management.
The Rector further stated that he was satisfied that the thinning policy of his administration in the last two years was fast yielding positive results earlier than expected.
He further urged staff and students to sustain the academic feat for more excellent achievements.
THE STUDENTS WITH DISTINCTIONS ARE:
I. HND COMPUTER SCIENCE
1. FACHE WILLIAMS OTOHINIHI – 2020/HND/CPS/018
2. ENEMALI AGNES ENE – 2020/HND/CPS/027
3. BAYODE SEFIYA OMOWUMI – 2020/HND/CPS/030
II. HND LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
1. OLUBIYO ELIZABETH MODUPE – 2020/HND/LIS/038
III. HND SCIENCE LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
1. ACHIMUGU SAMUEL SUNDAY – 2020/HSLT/CHM/001
2. SHEIDU ZULEIHAT – 2020/HSLT/CHM/003
3. ALIYU MULIKAT – 2020/HSLT/CHM/009
4. DIO MOSES ADAVIZE – 2020/HSLT/CHM/015
5. ZAKARIYA RAHMOTALAHI – 2020/HSLT/CHM/011
IV. ND ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
1. AKEREBE OLAWUNMI FOLAJUWON – 2020/ND/ARC/022
2. SUNDAY EMMANUEL OMEIZA – 2020/ND/ARC/044
V. HND ACCOUNTANCY
1. OLORUNNAIYE THEOPHILUS VICTOR – 2020/HND/ACCT/042
2. SALAWUDEEN FATIMAT OMOWUNMI – 2020/HND/ACCT/045
3. OMOFAYE OMOLARA OMOWUNMI – 2020/HND/ACCT/058
4. ABDULAZEEZ MUHAMMED ADEIZA – 2020/HND/ACCT/197
VI. ND ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
1. TIJANI MUHAMMED NASIRU – 2020/ND/EEE/001
VII. ND BUILDING TECHNOLOGY
1. JEREMIAH THANKGOD – 2020/ND/BLD/012
2. NWARIENNE CHRISTIANA – 2020/ND/BLD/030
3. ONOJA JOSHUA – 2020/ND/BLD/031
4. YAKUBU HAWUA OZIOHU – 2020/ND/BLD/035
5. OLUWATOKI KOREDE – 2020/ND/BLD/038
6. MAJEED HAMEED – 2020/ND/BLD/028
VIII. ND AGRICULTURAL TECHNOLOGY
1. ISAAC STEPHEN ITOPA – 2020/ND/AET/001
2. MOMOH JIMOH CHRISTIANA ENAZE – 2020/ND/AET/035
3. ABDULMALEEK ABDULHAMED ONORUOYIZA – 2020/ND/APH/029
4. OLOJAH DEBORAH YETUNDE – 2020/ND/AGT/003
5. SADIQ NANAHAWAU – 2020/ND/AGT/017
6. NUHU ABDULMUMINU RAZAK – 2020/ND/AGT/022
7. TAIYE OMOLOLA OBEDAT – 2020/ND/AGT/004
8. ALBERT SYVANUS JOSHUA – 2020/ND/APH/004
9 MOMOH LUKMAN ADAVIZE – 2020/ND/APH/021
The Board also approved the withdrawal of Ten (10) students from the institution for poor academic performance.
LIST OF STUDENTS WITHDRAWN BASED ON POOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCES ARE:
I. ND ARCHITECTURAL TECHNOLOGY
1. ISMAIL ABDULRASHEED – 2020/ND/ARC/006
2. ISAH OYIZA FATIMA – 2020/ND/ARC/023
3. ADEPOJU YINKA – 2020/ND/ARC/048
II. ND CIVIL ENGINEERING
1. AMEH SHEDRACK DANIEL – 2021/ND/CVE/013
2. MOBOLAJI VICTOR OLUWATIMILEHIN – 2021/ND/CVE/058
3. ABDULKAREEM AABDULRAHEEM – 2021/ND/CVE/060
III. ND ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING
1. YAHAYA ABDULMAJEED – 2020/ND/EEE/018
2. ADEBAYO BABANIFEMI JOHN PAUL – 2020/ND/EEE/049
3. SAMUEL OBAKPORORO PHILIP – 2020/ND/EEE/084
IV. ND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
1. USMAN NUHU TENIMU – 2020/ND/CE/023
Dr. Usman commended the students graduating with distinctions for their exemplary show of commitment to studies as reflected in their results and urged others to work hard so as to achieve desired results.
He also commended members of the Academic Board for their cooperation and support in the consideration and approval of the results as well as other salient decisions reached that have positive influence on the Polytechnic just as he charged them to sustain the zeal.
While wishing members a prosperous and joyous festive period, Dr. Usman enjoined them to be security conscious of their immediate environment as he reiterated the management’s stance to always protect lives and properties of the staff and students of the Polytechnic.