Ebira Stakeholders Movement Initiative Kogi State
In Collaboration With AEDC Community Relations Committee.
A WARNING LETTER
The committee saddled with the responsibility to check and mediate between Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) and customers hereby write to register her unabated grievances against AEDC in Kogi Central Senatorial District and possible follow up action.
Following form the basis of our grievances;
- The erratic power supply and the incessant and complete outage.
- The overbilling that cease to reflect the number of hours of supply,e.g the current bills.
- The refusal of AEDC to capture illegal consumers into the system.
- The perpetual harrassement of AEDC staff and its Ad hoc staff to the consumers.
- AEDC failure to change her obsolete installation or equipment in accordance with her agreement to do so since 2017 we started this struggle.
- Compelling the consumers to buy failed electricity equipment that are ordinarily AEDC’s responsibility to replace.
Efforts have been frantically made severally by this committee to ensure steady supply of electricity since 2017 to date such positive trend or response have been taken by the AEDC management as an avenue to continuously exploiting the consumer, most painful and tingling.
The Local Government which includes, Okene, Okehi and Adavi have the highest reported cases of epileptic and obnoxious over billing in the central.
In part, aside the fact that Kogi Central has not been enjoying steady supply for about 3years now, the consumers continued to receive fabulous or exorbitant amount of money on the bills which they strive to pay despite the unjustified supply and purely on sheer estimation.
Emphatically, applying sense of judgment in distribution of bills drastically eroded the AEDC unwarranted system.
Considering the point highlighted above following are our demands.
- There should be near 100 percent (near 24 hours) power supply because the neighboring community are enjoying uninterrupted power supply.
- We demand a hook-line and sinker overhauling the AEDC management starting from the Area Manager due to their inability and their incompetency to manage the area.
Consequently the committee and the Stakeholders jointly took a stand and unequivocally resolve that if this conditions are not met by AEDC in this area within the ultimatum of 2 weeks, starting from the day this letter is served, we may be pressed to take to the street to press home our demands.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.
Audu Momohjimoh Audu, Chairman.
- Kogi AEDC Regional Office, LOKOJA.
- Okene AEDC Area Office.
- Chairman Okene Local Government.
- DSO Okene Local Government.
- HRH, Ohi of Okene.
- All Tradional Rulers.
- Nigeria Police Force Okene Area Command.
- Okene Police Divisional Headquarters.
- Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps.
- Commandant Nigeria Army Okene.
- Department of Security Service Okene Command.
- National Orientation Agency.
- Kogi State Vigilante Service.
- Director SIB, Okene.
- District Heads.
- Okene Central Community.
Ebira Youth Congress EYC. .NERC,LOKOJA.
*All Ward Heads.
- Market Chairman.
*All Associations and parastatals.
- All Community Chairmen.