The Council of Ojuju Agbadufu Igala has announced plans to organise the second edition of the ‘Great Igala Conversation’.
In a communique released by Maji Isah signed by the President and the Clerk of Council, the Council approved the hosting of the most significant gathering of Igala leaders to discuss arrays of challenges facing Igala land and people.
The first edition of the Great Conversation was hosted in 2017 with the Team; Igala Unity ( Omuká) is it possible? A united discuss that birthed the Igala agenda for Security, Political and economic development
Read the details below:
“COMMUNIQUE OF THE MEETING OF THE COUNCIL OF OJUJU AGBADUFU, IGALA FORUM (OAIF) HELD AT LOUNGE 1, LOKOJA ON THE 15TH JANUARY, 2022.
The Council of Ojuju Agbadufu Igala held her first quarter meeting at Lounge 1 to discuss arrays of happenings in and Around Igala land
The Council reviewed the situation of things in Igala land in the last one year and express worries about a resurgent insecurity in Kogi East particular on Kidnappings
The Council resolves as follows;
- That we thank all Igala illustrious sons and daughters who participated in the renovation of Ata Igala Palace
- That the unity of purpose displayed in the Palace renovation should be encouraged amongst ourselves to foster progressive unity going forward
- The Council express sadness over the recent spate of kidnapping activities in Kogi East. Top most of which was the kidnap of Mr Ojonimi Ossai, an illustrious Igala son and an Oil expert who died in the hands of his abductors after paying ransom
- The Council appeal to the Executive Governor of Kogi State, His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Adoza Bello, to deploy his usual dexterity in security matters to contain the resurgent kidnapping cases in Kogi East
- The Council congratulate Kogi State on the declaration of the state as oil producing state and thank Governor Yahaya Bello for his efforts in bringing that to reality
- That all Igala sons and daughters should take interest in the security and well-being of Igala land and collaborate with Kogi East Neighborhood Watch (KENW) to help the security Agenies tackle insecurity in Kogi East
- The Council Approved the hosting of the Second Edition of the Great Igala Conversation
8.The Council cautioned Igala Youths not to make themselves available as agents of destruction in the 2023 elections
The Council Appeal to all Igala sons and daughters to collaborate with Ojuju Agbadufu in her preparation to host the Second Edition of the GREAT IGALA CONVERSATION”
Mr Christopher Ukwenya
Comr. Maji Isah