My attention has been drawn to rumors making the rounds that I Sani Idakwo Philips of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) has decamped to the All Progressive Congress (APC) alongside other candidates of our party in the just concluded Presidential and National Assembly elections.
Based on the aforementioned, I would like to state the following unequivocally;
- That I have not decamped to the APC contrary to rumors, and I am not planning or nursing any desire to decamp to the APC.
- That my decision to remain in the SDP is borne out of principle with the conviction that the people of Kogi State needs a Viable and Credible alternative party they can trust to wrestle power from the failed ruling APC led state government based on its abysmal poor performances since the past 4 years. I believe that the Social Democratic Party is that credible alternative.
- That I am a grassroots and cultured politician and as such, would not jump from one party to the other just for the purpose of searching for greener pastures as other may do, no matter the circumstances.
- That I still remain the Candidate of the SDP for Dekina / Bassa Federal Constituency pending the determination of the petition filed before the electoral tribunal; although I personally did not go to court.
- That the SDP as a party in Kogi State would very soon be embarking on an overhauling drive to restructure and reposition the party toward the up coming Gubernatorial Elections in the State for the common good of all in Kogi State.
To this end, I urge all my supporters in Kogi State most especially those from Dekina and Bassa Local Government Areas to ignore the purported decamping rumor as it is the pigment of the imaginations of those spreading them with the aim of tarnishing my hard earned glorious political career in the state.
Furthermore, I urge all members of our great party to remain calm and keep faith with the party and its leadership in the state and national level; knowing that weeping may endure for the night but joy comes in the morning.
I love you all and God bless you.
– Sani Idakwo Philips
The People’s Honourable!
For: The White Horse Movement.