All is set for the forthcoming senatorial election in Kogi central slated for February 2019. The three major gladiators have concluded arrangements to kick start their campaigns and rallies across the five local government areas of Kogi central.
Recall that the major contestants are Alhaji Yakubu Oseni, Barr Natasha Akpoti and the incumbent Senator Ogembe Salawu.
Interestingly, Alhaji Yakubu Oseni is undoubtedly the frontline candidate that is favored to clinch the plum job come February 2019. Be that as it may, the focus of this write-up is on his manifesto, achievements and his contributions to the growth and development of Ebiraland.
Let’s start with his Manifesto which is a major plank to gauge his legislative duties if he gets the mandate of the good people of Kogi central.
Alhaji Yakubu Oseni has given the assurance that his focus would be on youths and women empowerment, creation of jobs for the teeming unemployed youths in Kogi central, the provision of skills acquisition centers across the five local government areas of Kogi central.
Lastly, he said that he would further focus on human capital development and the provision of small and medium scale enterprises for our women and business inclined youths.
This journalist can confirm authoritatively that all is set for Alhaji Yakubu Oseni and his teeming supporters to commence issues-based campaigns and mega Rallies that would be executed in a peaceful and orderly environment.
Political pundits are of the opinion that Alhaji Yakubu Oseni may have a smooth sail in the forthcoming senatorial election given his pedigree, antecedents and philanthropic activities in recent time. For those of us who are abreast with the philosophy and political sagacity of the man Alhaji Yakubu Oseni over the years are glad that his chances are as bright as the northern stars. Recall that his major achievements as a seasoned banker includes but not limited to the following:
1. Alhaji Yakubu Oseni is on record to have offered employments to over two hundred graduates and professionals into the Kogi State internal Revenue Services under his watch with the much needed approval of His Excellency, Alhaji Yahaya Bello
2. It is in the public domain that Alhaji yakubu oseni was able to raise the internally generated revenue of the state from a paltry 300 million naira to over a billion naira.
3. It is on record that Yakubu Oseni brought to bear some innovative and new grounds as he created some departments like legal and Public relations departments among others
4. Alhaji Yakubu Oseni and his able team have succeeded in raising the awareness of taxable Kogites and other business interests in the state on prompt payment of taxes
5. Alhaji Yakubu Oseni has also empowered youths and women groups across the five local government areas of Kogi central
6. He also donated textbooks and other learning materials to schools across the central senatorial district of Kogi State
In conclusion, it is therefore easy to see that Alhaji Yakubu Oseni has impacted positively on humanity and Ebira Nation.
Against this background therefore, the electorates are hereby enjoined to come out and give Alhaji Yakubu Oseni their votes.
Alhaji Yakubu Oseni is indeed ready to go, wanaahara
– Otori Ozigi is a former Public Relations officer of the Nigerian Ports Authority, Journalist and Public Relations Expert