Kogi NBA Kicks Against Fuel Subsidy Removal

152
Spread the love

The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) Kogi State chapter, has said that the decision to remove fuel subsidy by the Federal Government would further bring untold hardship on the already impoverished Nigerian masses.

The state chairman of the association, Muhammed Musa Tanko,  condemned the proposal, on Thursday, while reacting to the issue.

He said the removal would hike the price of petrol, which he said would translate to increase in food and transportation prices, among others.

He said 80 per cent of Nigerians were leaving below poverty level while only 20 per cent live above it, adding that the removal would not be helpful to the common man on the street.

The NBA chairman blamed the Federal Government for not building new refineries in the country, wondering why a country that produced oil should import refined fuel from non-oil producing countries.

He appealed to the Federal Government to shelve the plan and put structures on ground that would ensure steady fuel supply in the country.


Spread the love



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *