The Ijumu Unity Group (IUG) has elected 18 eminent sons and daughters of the area to run the affairs of the political pressure group.
A statement issued by the group public relations officer, Yusuf Adeyanju Yisau, said the newly elected leaders of IUG has been charged to “prepare grounds to liberate the indigenes of Ijumu Kingdom from the grip of incompetence and corruptible political system”.
“Ijumu Unity Group is a political pressure group fashioned to bring Ijumu citizens together under one big platform in preparation for now and beyond.
“The group was founded by some respected sons and daughters of Ijumu Kingdom in the year 2008. The group remained formidable and active politically and socially before it went dormant some few years ago,” he said.
According to Adeyanju, the group has elected the following capable, reliable, and dependable individuals who will pilot its affairs:
- Otunba APS Arogundade – Group Leader / Chairman, Board of Trustees
- Hon Funsho Olumoko – Group Chairman
- Alhaji Shuaib Ipinmisho – Group Secretary
- Chief Taiye Ikupeleye – Group Liaison Officer
- Hon. Boye Bello – Group Treasurer.
- Hon. Solomon Oyewole – Group Financial Officer
- Yusuf Adeyanju Yisau – Group Public Relations Officer
- Florence Tosin Amupitan (Mrs) – Group Women Coordinator
- Rasak Arogundade – Group Youth Coordinator
- Hon. Lateef Folorunsho Haruna – District Coordinator (Gbede)
- Hon. Segun Ojo – District Coordinator (Ijumu Arin)
- Dare Osanaiye – District Coordinator (Ijumu Oke)
- Eleta Bamigbe Esther (Mrs) – District Women Coordinator (Gbede)
- Toyin Otitolaiye (Mrs) – District Women Coordinator (Ijumu Arin)
- Kemisola Olumorin – District Women Coordinator (Ijumu Oke)
- Adetayo Opeyemi Duke – District Youth Coordinator (Gbede)
- Oluwafemi Michael Bidemi – District Youth Coordinator (Ijumu Arin)
- Toyin Akinyemi – District Youth Coordinator (Ijumu Oke).
Adeyanju added that “the inauguration of the new executive members and the Board of Trustees will take place very soon. The team is expected to rejuvenating the group known for it formidability so that Ijumu shall come first in all socio-political matters.”