Yagba West: Akure Labels Withdrawal Rumours False, Says Ambition Remains Fully Intact

11
Spread the love

The African Democratic Congress (ADC) candidate for Yagba West II State Constituency, Dr. Toyosi Akure, has dismissed rumours alleging that he stepped down from the 2027 House of Assembly race following the intervention of Senator Sunday Karimi.

Akure described the claim as false, unfounded and politically motivated, insisting that he remained the duly affirmed candidate of the ADC for the constituency.

There had been speculations in some political circles that the ADC candidate withdrew from the race after Senator Karimi allegedly advised him to step down for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, Hon. Omoniyi Adeyemi.

Reacting to the development during a meeting with supporters and party stakeholders in Yagba West Local Government Area of Kogi State, Akure said there was no truth whatsoever in the rumour.

“I want to categorically state that I have not stepped down for anybody and there is no arrangement whatsoever for me to abandon my candidacy for any candidate or political party.

“I remain the duly affirmed candidate of the ADC for Yagba West II State Constituency, and our campaign remains active, focused and fully on course,” he said.

Akure described the rumour as a desperate attempt by political opponents to mislead the public and create confusion among his supporters.

According to him, no amount of political propaganda or misinformation would distract him from his commitment to the people of the constituency.

The ADC candidate said consultations and grassroots engagements were continuing across the constituency as part of efforts to strengthen support ahead of the election.

He urged party members and supporters to remain calm and disregard what he called “baseless political speculation.”

“Our mission remains clear — to provide purposeful, inclusive and responsive representation for the people of Yagba West II,” he said.

Some supporters who attended the meeting also condemned the rumour, describing it as a failed attempt to weaken the growing support for Akure’s candidacy across the constituency.

They reaffirmed their support for the ADC candidate and expressed confidence in his chances at the polls.


Spread the love