After proper consultations with various relevant political stakeholders, we wish to inform our teeming supporters, electorates, constituents and well-wishers who believe in our political aspirations that we are contesting under the platform of Social Democratic Party (SDP). Hon. Dada Olusheyi and Oluwafemi Daniel Iselaiye are contesting for the legislative positions in the Kogi State House of Assembly (Yagba West Constituency) and Yagba Federal Constituency respectively in the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
Hon. Dada Olusheyi is an astute, congenial and articulate statesman. He has exhibited precocious leadership qualities and the ability to galvanize the youths in his constituency into action. As a testament, he served as Councilor in Ward 02, Oke-Egbe where he displayed outstanding leadership and organizational qualities. In addition, he has continued to serve in other political and community roles which have endeared him to the people.
Mr. Iselaiye Oluwafemi is a quintessential self-made magnate and President of F&F Tree Service based in Ohio, United States of America. His numerous philanthropic acts and munificence are well documented. He is the founder of Oluwafemi Iselaiye Foundation (OIF); a medium through which he brings succor to the financially-challenged and down-trodden through the provision of free medical services, frequent visitation and donations to orphanages and support for community-based projects.
The SDP aspirants averred that they chose to contest under the Social Democratic Party (SDP) because the party’s manifesto and ideologies perfectly corresponds with their own political ethos. The party’s manifesto and ideologies are delineated as follows:
- To improve the people’s welfare and fight for social justice.
- To be the political platform that will attract Credible, Competent and Dynamic leaders in governance.
- To be the party that will truly fight corruption in Nigeria and enthrone the RULE OF LAW.
- To be a congregation of Patriots and Social Democrats that will give the people TRUE REPRESENTATION.
- To bring about the rebirth of an ideological party with structured deliverables for the people.
- To be a truly National Party for all Nigerians devoid of imposition and impunity.
- To be an inclusive Party that opens its political space for Young Nigerians to further their political aspirations.
- To be a Party that is Gender Sensitive and also in Affirmative standing with people with Disability
- A Party that will unify the Nigerian people and give voice and action to their aspirations and desires.
Furthermore, the aspirants expressed confidently their belief that they possess the requisite repertoire of character, integrity, resourcefulness, candor and political will required to bring to the people the dividends of democracy.
The legislative hopefuls both assured the good people of Yagba land of quality representation, accountability, probity and transparency in the discharge of their legislative duties once elected.
– Bolade Olumide Emmanuel
Media & Publicity Unit
ODI-AyekeOninure Campaign Organization