Cable electrocutes PHCN employee in Kogi Government House

Spread the love

Jeremiah Omosanyin, an employee of the Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) was on Wednesday electrocuted while working on the 11,000 voltage cable supplying power to the Kogi State Government House in Lokoja.

The Lokoja Business district manager of PHCN, Abednego Akubuiko, who confirmed this in Lokoja on Thursday, said that Mr Omosanyin took necessary safety measures before climbing the pole to affect repairs on the cable.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the big power generator in the government house might have induced a voltage surge which threw the worker off the ladder, smashing him on the ground.

Mr Omosanyin, who hailed from Odo Ape, Kabba/Bunu Local Government Area of Kogi State, was later rushed to the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja.

He died there shortly after as a result of the shock and internal injuries he sustained from the crash, Mr Akubuiko said.

He described the deceased as one of the few valuable employees of PHCN, saying that he was particularly helpful in the area of mentoring junior staff.

The manager said that the relations of the deceased had since been informed of the unfortunate incident while an official report is on the way to the PHCN headquarters in Abuja.

Meanwhile, Governor Ibrahim Idris on Thursday visited the PHCN office in Lokoja to condole with the management and staff over the incidence.

Mr Idris, who was accompanied by some of his commissioners and top civil servants, described the death of the PHCN worker as unfortunate, urging other staff members not to allow the incident to dampen their spirit.

The governor also paid a condolence visit to the family of deceased and urged them to see his death as an act of God.

He later donated N4 million toward the upkeep of his wife and children.

Spread the love

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *